In view of the retirement of Mr. Josep Roig, a new recruitment package has been prepared after the negotiations in Madrid, Spain on 18-19 April, 2017, on the profile of the new UCLG Secretary General to be recruited. It has also been decided that a recruitment firm will be contracted to follow up the recruitment process.
The new Secretary General will be required to meet the following criteria:
1. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated experience in the field of local governments
2. It should further have the academic background and skills to manage a complex matrix based organization.
3. Experience to engage with international organizations and donor institutions.
4. The ability to manage an international team and working experience in multilingual environments.
5. Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of at least one of the official working languages of UCLG (English, French, Spanish) a high level of competence in the other.
The deadline for submission of candidatures is the end of June. Shortlisting will be done in July and interviews are envisaged in September to allow for appointment of the candidate at the occasion of the World Council in Hangzhou at the end of the year.
Should you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the UCLG Administration and Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
For more detailed information, please click on the links below.
UCLG-MEWA Secretariat General