The 2nd Meeting of UCLG-MEWA Committee on Gender Equality was held on January 10, 2017, in UCLG-MEWA Headquarters.
After the opening, the agenda provided below was adopted, and the 2nd Meeting of UCLG-MEWA Committee on Gender Equality was held in accordance with the agenda. The meeting was chaired by Hayri İnönü, Mayor of Şişli and Co-President of UCLG-MEWA Committee on Gender Equality.
1) Opening of the meeting
2) Adoption of the meeting agenda
3) Discussions on the execution and name of committee
4) Discussions on 2017 working plan Projects and Advocacy
i. Dissemination of the European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life
ii. Localization of Istanbul Convention
iii. Establishing Gender Equality Departments in Municipalities and Preparing Gender Equality Action Plans at the Local Level
iv. Localization of the SDG 5
i. Joint Activities
ii. 61st Meeting of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
5) Determination of the next meeting venue
6) Discussions on the opinions and the suggestions of the members
7) Other issues
Click here for the meeting report.
Click here for photos from the meeting.