As United Cities and Local Governments Middle East and West Asia Section (UCLG-MEWA), which is one of the nine sections of UCLG World Organization that represents more than 100 years of experience in local government movement, we continue our efforts to advocate the values of local governments, to bring the voice of the local into the global arena, and to localize the global agendas.
We continue our advocacy activities with hundreds of member municipalities, local government associations, legal entities and individual members throughout the Middle East and West Asia, as the strong voice of local governments in the region.
We are looking for colleagues to be employed as a Project Assistant as part of the Organization’s Committees and Projects Department for the following areas:
– Gender Equality
– Social Inclusion / Migration and Refugees
– Interested in and following up on global developments in the specified area (smart cities and urban mobility, environment, gender equality or social inclusion / migration and refugees)
– Experience in project writing and implementation
– Knowledge of at least two of the organization’s working languages (English, Arabic and Turkish) to be able to translate
– Sufficient at using Microsoft Office programs
– Public speaking skills
– Stress management skills
– Ability adapt to flexible working conditions
– Does not have travel restrictions
– Preferably non-smoker